Alaska Airlines is introducing new touch-free options for passengers and employees over the coming weeks.
These include the ability to:
- To pre-order meals and purchase food and beverages on board using a stored credit card (pending return of food and beverage for purchase in main cabin).
- To print bag tags without having to touch check-in kiosks.
- For agents to scan boarding passes up to six feet away while boarding.
- To receive a text message instead of a printed boarding pass if guests don’t already have the Alaska Airlines mobile app.
- To get an emailed receipt for baggage instead of printed receipt.
“These advancements help make the travel experience easy and almost entirely touch-free for our guests and are just part of the many ways we’re keeping our guests and employees safe during this time,” said Charu Jain, Senior Vice President of Merchandising and Innovation.